About this blog.

My son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS at 24 months. I created this blog to bring meaning to the often-confusing label. Sometimes I have answers. Other times, just more questions.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Google PhD, Part I

January 30, 2008

I'm well on my way to becoming a google pHd, endlessly trolling the internet to gain any morsel of understanding. But the more I research PDD-NOS, the more confused I become. Whoever coined the adage "if you've met one autistic person, you've met one autistic person" can suck it. As though there is no generalization one can make about autism. No development trajectory. I'm calling bullshit on the adage. That's right. There IS a development trajectory for individuals on each end of the spectrum. There must be. So why can't anyone tell me what it is???

So in the absence of any meaningful information about development (or the lack thereof) I cling to every subjective anecdote as though it were the key to enlightenment.

No comments: