About this blog.

My son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS at 24 months. I created this blog to bring meaning to the often-confusing label. Sometimes I have answers. Other times, just more questions.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Update

  • Brad is identifying colors consistently.
  • He's mastered the shape sorter, although he does it entirely with his left hand.
  • We've added 2 more hours per week of OT, bringing his total service hours to 14.5 per week.
  • In the last week, his play has become more rigid. Also: he's flapping his arms and toe walking a little.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! As big and strong as he looks to be growing up, maybe a pitcher? After all, lefties have always had a reputation of being somewhat 'flaky' or 'unusual.' Might a 98 MPH fastball be in his future? Hmmmm.... and the number 1 pick in the MLB draft was an 18 yr old left handed pitcher who signed a multimillion dollar contract.

Scott, Bri, Elijah, Abigail said...

My son was recently diagnosed with ASD and is 'high functioning'. Diagnosis was one week ago today and he is 23 months old. I feel like you could answer some questions for me if you have a few moments.... MAINLY questions about therapies and types and what you've learned. Can you email me at scottandbriana@hotmail.com ? If we converse over email, you can just get back to me when you have a moment here and there. I would greatly appreciate it as I have entered the phase of TOTAL CONFUSION!!! I am enjoying reading your blog and plan to keep trucking down it so I can catch up. Sounds like our sons have A LOT in common!!!!! How old is he now? Thanks! Briana from NC

cathy said...

He's a blessing, my dear! and he's lucky to have wonderful parents like you...

Laura said...

anon - LOL, usual is overrated. I'm all about embracing the difference.

elijah's mom - good luck! and keep your blog updated...

cathy, thanks!