About this blog.

My son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS at 24 months. I created this blog to bring meaning to the often-confusing label. Sometimes I have answers. Other times, just more questions.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Banned.

The late talker group found my blog (and this post). I've been banned.

Farewell late talker group. A few parting thoughts: educating myself about autism has been quite liberating. I don't live in fear of a label. I encourage anyone who is contemplating dodging the diagnosis to learn more about the neuroscience of atypical development. It's fascinating. If you're looking for hope and optimism, you don't need to duck your head in the sand.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

I think it was Grocho Marx who commented about 'I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member!'
BEst wishes

Judith U. said...

Good Lord! WTF ..

Unknown said...

Once again,Laura is making up stories to fit one's false accusations.
The only head in the sand is lashing out at people and groups and telling lies.
Laura, Why do you have such a fear of an autism diagnosis ?
The people on my list, although somewhat worried about their child's challenges, are looking not just for any diagnosis, but an accurate one.
You seem to need to project your fear issues on other people to deal with them.
A group that advocates accurate diagnosis is not fear of science but advocating accuracy.
Making up stories does not anything at all.
Of course you are banned, you keep telling lies.