About this blog.

My son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS at 24 months. I created this blog to bring meaning to the often-confusing label. Sometimes I have answers. Other times, just more questions.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hearing Loss

I saw Brad's pediatrician on Friday. It turns out the fluid in his ears is mild and, in all likelihood, very recent. So there's little likelihood that Brad's receptive/expressive language delay is caused by the fluid, rather than PDD. (I was hoping that the fluid had been there for 1+ year, in which case the hearing loss would cast doubt on the PDD diagnosis.)

I'm going to have a real dilemna if the fluid doesn't clear up on it's own. He may need surgery for tubes. Brad will be reexamined in 6 weeks.

2 comments:

Casdok said...

Oh i do hope the fluid clears up, as surgery is not much fun.

Judith U. said...

Me too ... Poor guy. :(